Reverse mentoring is where junior staff with different backgrounds and life experiences mentor senior leaders. This helps the senior leaders understand what life is like in the workplace, how it should be, and inform decisions on how things could change.
We can help you plan and establish a reverse mentoring scheme in your organisation. We will:
- work with you to create tailored communications to help everyone engage with the scheme and understand its importance to your organisation
- provide training for reverse mentors and post-training support
- make recommendations on which trainee should be matched with which mentee
- help build a community of reverse mentors who can support and learn from each other
- gradually transfer knowledge to the in-house team to enable them to take ownership of the scheme and continue its ongoing success.
Previous clients who we have worked with to implement reverse mentoring schemes are shown below. DHSC has also kindly provided a Reverse Mentoring Case Study